Polyurethane offers many unique advantages over conventional materials such as natural rubber, plastics, and metals – so it’s no surprise that many industries rely on urethane products for a variety of applications. Urethane products deliver excellent product longevity and versatility as well as superior heat, chemical, and impact resistance. Urethane is quickly becoming the preferred material for parts that need to perform reliably and endure intense applications
As a manufacturer of custom urethane products, PSI Urethane’s experience extends across a wide range of industries and polyurethane applications. Our team is able to create a custom urethane formulation that is tailored to your specific application including products with a wide range of durometers and physical properties. With over 50 years of experience delivering the highest quality urethane products, PSI stands unequaled in helping companies in hundreds of industries around the world apply urethane products to their critical business applications. PSI is a trusted manufacturer within each of the industries highlighted below as well as other sectors. To learn more, watch our short video about the industries that rely on our urethane products.
· Process Automation: from rollers and bumpers to assembly systems and material handling, urethane is a sought-after material in a variety of automated systems. It far surpasses the performance of rubber and steel in many automated processes. Visit our website to learn about the advantages of cast urethane products in automated systems, as well as the benefits of replacing OEM parts and pieces with urethane parts.
· OEMs: Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) utilize PSI’s manufacturing expertise for high quality cast polyurethane products and services for prototype parts through production. We work from drawings, designs or sketches. Our highly skilled and experienced product specialists and engineers are ready to assist you with designs of components for your specific use. We can produce a prototype for testing or presentation purposes. PSI consistently delivers high-quality urethane OEM equipment parts and replacement parts by our meticulous attention to detail. This ensures the final unit meets your requirements and our quality craftsmanship exceeds your expectations.
· Metal Forming: urethane sheeting or forming pads provide many benefits in metal forming applications such as extended product life cycles, improved forming definition, more uniform pressure distribution, and local forming pressure intensification. Due to its durability, urethane can withstand high metal forming pressures to produce more intricate shapes and maintain an unvarying level of productivity. As the leading manufacturer of cast urethane for metal forming press systems, PSI has a flawless history of mechanical integrity. Our urethane will protect finished products as it will not scratch and mar the surface. PSI has the ability to custom formulate for specific properties, such as rebound, elongation and tear resistance, further increasing longevity.
· Die Cutters: die cutting is a fabrication process which utilizes machines and tools to convert stock material, such as urethane sheets, into custom shapes and designs by cutting the material. At PSI Urethanes, we have set the industry standard in quality cast urethane sheet for die cutting manufacturing. Custom urethane sheeting enables extreme precision and accuracy in keeping close tolerances, which is a crucial element of a successful die cutting project. Die cutting is a cost-effective solution to producing large quantities of a product as cutters can rapidly and uniformly stamp out an entire sheet of urethane seals or rings at a much lower price per part compared to machining or molding the parts.
· Food Processing: it may come as a surprise but the food and beverage industry utilizes a broad spectrum of urethane parts. From rings and gaskets to chute liners and conveyor guides, urethane products are abundant in the food processing sector. Additionally, urethane sheeting is the preferred material for covering the cutting surfaces of work areas and table tops as it is durable, tear-resistant, and self-healing. Visit our website to learn more about PSI’s FDA approved cast urethane products for wet and dry food processing applications.
· Construction & Transportation: polyurethane liners are one of the most common urethane products employed within this sector. These liners are known for solving wear and tear issues during transport. In addition to their industry-leading abrasion resistance, urethane liners offer high tear strength and vibration dampening. These liners protect equipment to offer longer life cycles with less maintenance downtimes. Urethane liners can be found in hoppers, chutes, and concrete mixers, among other construction and transport applications.
· Automotive: as the automotive industry continues the drive toward vehicles that weigh less, manufacturers are looking for lighter parts that provide impact resistance and durability as well as the ability to withstand extreme elements like heat and cold – and urethane is an excellent option. In fact, urethane sheeting is already utilized in many automotive manufacturing processes including vibration dampening pads, bumpers, and gaskets. Some automotive manufacturers even utilize urethane pallets to transport vehicles along the assembly line in order to protect the painted metal.
· Marine: PSI is a leading manufacturer of cast and molded urethane for the marine and maritime industry. In offshore applications, urethane elastomers are the chosen material due to its many application advantages including resistance to hydrolysis and microbial attack, abrasion resistance, as well as reliable performance at low ocean temperatures and high pressure in deep water. Urethane elastomers can be used to reduce strain on pipes and cables by flexing in the marine environment, and are suitable for encapsulating electrical components, and for protecting pipes and cables.
· Fuel Cell Remold: as a leading manufacturer of cast urethane parts for fluid cell press and hydroforming systems, our durable urethane can withstand high forming pressures, enabling our customers to produce more intricate shapes and maintain an unvarying level of productivity. Additionally, PSI recovers all sizes of Verson Wheelon Press Fluid Cells for metal forming applications in the aerospace industry.
· Military: at PSI, we manufacture custom molded parts, polyurethane sheets, and bond to metal for the military. Our bonding process is designed for extreme applications, and our custom engineered military grade urethane components are utilized in a vast array of applications. We know that durability, high performance, and reliability are of the utmost importance for military materials that must withstand a wide range of extreme environments. Urethane technology has been the optimum choice for the military due to strict guidelines and requirements. Military grade polyurethane products manufactured by PSI Urethanes can be certified to Military Specification MIL-DTL-83397B Class 1 and Class 2, as outlined by the Standardization Program put forth by the Department of Defense.
About PSI Urethanes
Since 1966, through our own independent research and activity in the Polyurethane Manufacturers Association, PSI Urethanes has stayed on the leading edge of urethane technology – including developing advances in new materials, comprehensive designs, and processing technologies. Today we are among the most respected and trusted suppliers of custom urethane products.
We operate from our 45,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Austin, Texas, which houses an extensive stock of polyurethane products. Our fully equipped manufacturing facility includes a versatile range of processing machinery, which allows us to work on unique, one-of-a-kind projects, as well as high volume components. Our in-house engineering, tooling, and custom mold shop, produces custom and stock production orders with exceptionally fast turn-around times. From conception to prototyping, to final production runs, our technical representatives and design engineers will work closely with your staff to meet your critical tolerances and specifications. You are guaranteed to receive experienced, professional, and personalized service from the first contact through your on-time delivery, with complete confidentiality and dedication to protecting your good name.