Standard Urethane Sheeting
Urethane is the preferred material for parts that need to perform reliably and endure intense applications. This is particularly true of standard cast urethane sheets that are used for forming pads, chute liners and media blast material.
Standard Urethane Sheet Specs
- Thickness Tolerance: ± 0.030″ to ± 0.045 for standard sizes *
- Standard durometer: 60A, 70A, 80A, and 90A (custom 25 Shore OO to 70D)
- Standard colors: natural, black, red, blue, royal blue, green, orange, yellow, peach, brown, gray and white. Custom colors available upon request.
- Custom sizes: up to 18″ in thickness, 55″ width, and 138″ length
- Seamed sheets available for larger sizes
*For the fastest delivery time, choose PSI’s large stock of standard cast urethane sheeting with a thickness tolerance of ± 0.030” or ± 0.045”.
Thickness, Durometer, and Custom Formulations to Meet Every Need
PSI’s standard cast urethane sheets meet the highest industry specifications for thickness and durometer, making them perfect for even the most severe applications. We keep a large stock of standard cast urethane sheets, so you can receive fast delivery. Standard cast urethane sheets can be produced in custom sizes to eliminate waste from drop-offs. For large sheet applications, we provide custom seamed sheets.
|Sheet Thickness||48″ x 48″||24″ x 48″||24″ x 24″||12″ x 24″||12″ x 12″|
PSI can provide formulations for:
- FDA Wet and Dry food approved criteria.
- Graphite impregnated to assist with abrasion resistance and lower friction.
- UL94V-0 Rated for flame specifications
- UV resistant colors
- We stock a variety of MDI, TDI, and Aliphatic prepolymers, in both Polyesters and Polyethers. These can be combined with a wide assortment of curatives and additives we stock in house. If your specifications require a material we do not stock, we are happy to special order it.
- Water Clear
PSI Urethanes offers standard urethane sheeting for the purpose of giving you a cost-saving avenue when tight thickness tolerances are not critical.
Urethane Vs Rubber
Many industries prefer standard urethane over rubber. Here is an example of the benefits of using standard urethane sheets versus rubber and its variations.
- Durometers: Unlike rubber, we can manufacture from “OO” to “D” scale material to suit almost any application.
- Sound and vibration dampening: As urethane is an insulator, our standard or custom formulations can be geared toward your specific requirements for either application.
- Self-sealing: This makes urethane ideal for table tops and backing pads for dies.
- Abrasion Resistant: When severe abrasion is a factor, urethane has been known to outwear other materials by a factor of five-to-one to ten-to-one.
- Resistant to Most Chemicals: When it comes to chemicals and ozone, urethane surpasses rubber. Urethane will maintain excellent resistance to mineral-based oils, hydrocarbons, fats, greases, petroleum products, and specific solvents.
- Customizable: PSI carries a wide variety of resins, curatives, and additives. This allows us to alter formulas to be customer specific.
- Flexibility: Urethane remains flexible at low temperatures, while rubber tends to harden. The technicians at PSI can even formulate urethane to remain flexible in Arctic-like conditions and temperatures as high as 250° Fahrenheit or to sustain sudden drops in temperature.
Cast Urethane Sheeting Industrial Uses:
Die Cutting or Waterjet Cut parts: PSI Urethanes standard urethane sheeting can be used to provide you with an economical way of making a wide array of products, without the need for tooling. This is a great alternative for rings, gaskets, squeegees, vibration dampening pads, and many other applications.
Metal Forming Applications: Our durable urethane can withstand high forming pressures to produce more intricate shapes and maintain an unvarying level of productivity. We have the ability to custom formulate for specific properties, such as rebound, elongation and tear resistance, which increases the longevity of your pad. Our urethane will protect your finished product as it will not scratch and mar the surface.
- Flapper doors
- Chute liners
- Press brake pads
- Vibration isolation
- Bumper pads
- Belt scrapers
- Conveyor line skirting