Many organizations rely on urethane rollers for a variety of applications. Rollers made of urethane are wear resistant and can carry higher loads than other materials with similar hardness. In this blog we will explore the wide range of urethane roller types, the industries that turn to urethane rollers for their needs and how to choose a urethane roller manufacturer.
Urethane Roller Types
Urethane rollers are the perfect solution for high-stress applications due to their ability to stand up to harsh environments. Some common types of urethane rollers include:
- Drive Rollers
- Conveyor Rollers
- Idler Rollers
- Ringer Rollers
- Pinch Rollers
- Nip Rollers
- Feed Rollers
Custom urethane rollers are available with the following specifications:
- Durometer (hardness) from 20 Shore A to 70 Shore D
- Superior Bonding Technology
- FDA Wet and Dry Formulas
- Variety of Colors
Industries That Use Urethane Rollers
Many industries depend on urethane rollers for their needs including:
- Food Processing industry for conveyor systems
- Steel industry to hold large pipes
- Marine industry to pull boats out of the water
- Machine Maintenance industry for recovering worn out rollers
- Packaging industry for labeling rollers
Selecting a Urethane Roller Manufacturer
Consider the following when selecting a urethane roller manufacturer:
- Review their list of roller specifications such as durometer and custom formulations to ensure that you are getting the best product for your needs.
- Understand their production process. Do they have a machine shop in-house that can produce new urethane rollers as well as re-cover existing rollers?
- What type of surface finishes do they provide? Can they produce turned finish as well as ground finish rollers?
With a long history of outstanding quality, superior product performance and excellent customer service, PSI is a trusted provider of custom and standard urethane rollers. Learn more about PSI Urethane rollers here or contact us today.