PSI Urethanes provides products to companies worldwide. For this reason, we must have a variety of compliance and certifications to suit various regulations and requirements across the globe. At PSI, our range of compliance and certifications demonstrate our commitment to quality and set us apart from other custom urethane suppliers. With 50+ years of experience and a highly experienced engineering staff, PSI is committed to providing our customers with a variety of resources and insight to ensure the selection of top-quality urethane products designed to provide the best overall performance and longest lifespan.
Certifications serve as an indicator of a product’s quality, reliability, and safety. Certifications provide customers with the assurance that products meet the necessary codes and standards that deem those products appropriate for use. Product certification also confirms that products will be reliably manufactured and consistently provide the same level of performance. Urethane suppliers have various regulations they must comply with, and continued compliance demonstrates a supplier is meeting the necessary operational standards – day in and day out. It is essential that global urethane suppliers, like PSI, are aware of, and in compliance with, the various regulations across the globe
Before entering into a partnership, it is imperative that OEMs research potential partners to better understand each custom urethane supplier they are considering. One area that can often set urethane suppliers, like PSI, apart from the competition is compliance and certifications. Manufacturing certifications and compliance matter because not all urethane suppliers operate at the same level when it comes to quality, safety, and reliability. Achieving product certifications and maintaining compliance requires specific know-how and processes as well as personnel with the right skills and expertise. Below are several reasons why manufacturing certifications and compliance matter – and why PSI is a trusted and proven urethane supplier.
· Demonstrates a Long-term Commitment: the certification process is long and often costly for custom urethane suppliers. By obtaining and maintaining product certifications, urethane suppliers are demonstrating their commitment to a given market. This is important as OEMs want a long-term partner.
· Serves as a Dependable Benchmark: certifications serve as a reliable benchmark and a comparison tool for OEMs. There are new urethane suppliers on the market all the time and product certifications are a great way to assess if a urethane supplier is reliable or risky. Simply put, reputable urethane suppliers work to reduce or eliminate risks in their manufacturing process – and certifications are how you know a product is safe and reliable.
· Attests to a Supplier’s Know-How and Expertise: compliance and certifications indicate a custom urethane supplier has the requisite knowledge and expertise as well as the necessary manufacturing facilities. Urethane suppliers, like PSI, have the requisite equipment, procedures, and skilled workforce to be certified across, and in compliance with, a range of manufacturing categories worldwide.
· Confirms High Standards: compliance and product certifications matter because they confirm the urethane supplier has high standards. Compliance is an on-going process and takes commitment, discipline, and focus from all levels of the supplier’s organization. Urethane suppliers that have solid compliance records as well as a range of certifications demonstrate strong commitment and credibility.
· Protects the Bottom Line: it is common knowledge that safe and reliable workplaces are more productive. A custom urethane suppliers’ commitment to compliance leads to a higher productivity and a healthier bottom line – for both the OEM and the custom urethane supplier.
Could your project benefit from custom urethane bonding?
Contact the professionals at PSI to learn more about range of solutions including urethane bonding.
PSI Urethanes’ Compliance and Certifications
As noted previously, PSI provides custom urethane products to markets across the globe. Below is a summary of PSI Urethanes certifications and compliances. Visit our website for more history and information about each of our compliance and certifications for custom urethane.
· Reach Compliance: PSI certifies that we are fully in compliance with the requirements of European Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). REACH addresses the production of use of chemical substances and their potential impact on human health and the environment.
· RoHS 3 Directive Compliance: PSI certifies that our materials and our products are fully in compliance with the requirements of the European Union RoHS 3 Directive 2011/65/EU, which aims to prevent hazardous substances from entering the production process and thereby keep them out of the waste stream.
· Mercury Free: PSI certifies that our materials and our products are free of any mercury.
· Conflict Minerals Compliance: PSI certifies that our materials and our products are fully in compliance with the requirements of Conflict minerals. These minerals are Tantalum, Tungsten, Tin and Gold.
· DFARS Compliance: PSI certifies that our materials and our products are fully in compliance with the requirements of DFARS, which stands for Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement.
· California Proposition 65 Compliance: PSI certifies that our materials and our products are fully in compliance with the requirements of California Proposition 65. The list contains a wide range of naturally occurring and synthetic chemicals that are known to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
· PBDE Compliance: PSI certifies that our materials and our products are fully in compliance with the requirements of the United States Environmental Protection Agency banned substances known as Poly Brominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE). PBDEs are used as flame retardants in a number of applications, including textiles, plastics, wire insulation, and automobiles.
· WEEE Compliance: PSI certifies that we are fully in compliance with the requirements of Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment.
· Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008: PSI certifies that we are fully in compliance with the requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 lead-free products.
· TSCA – Toxic Substances Control Act: PSI Urethanes certifies that products it produces do NOT contain any substances listed on the TSCA list. The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) of 1976 provides the EPA with authority to require reporting, record-keeping and testing requirements, and restrictions relating to chemical substances and/or mixtures.
About PSI Urethanes
Since 1966, through our own independent research and activity in the Polyurethane Manufacturers Association, PSI Urethanes has stayed on the leading edge of urethane technology – including developing advances in new materials, comprehensive designs, and processing technologies. Today we are among the most respected and trusted suppliers of custom urethane products.
We operate from our 45,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Austin, Texas, which houses an extensive stock of polyurethane products. Our fully equipped manufacturing facility includes a versatile range of processing machinery, which allows us to work on unique, one-of-a-kind projects, as well as high volume components. Our in-house engineering, tooling, and custom mold shop, produces custom and stock production orders with exceptionally fast turn-around times. From conception to prototyping, to final production runs, our technical representatives and design engineers will work closely with your staff to meet your critical tolerances and specifications. You are guaranteed to receive experienced, professional, and personalized service from the first contact through your on-time delivery, with complete confidentiality and dedication to protecting your good name.
PSI Urethanes specializes in custom urethane products. Contact us today to see how we can help with your next manufacturing project, or give us a call at 1-800-888-5156.