Polyurethane is one of the most versatile materials for making parts and products. It is available in a variety of sizes, durometers, formulations, tolerances and colors for use in a wide range of applications. In addition to the unmatched versatility, polyurethane is also one of the strongest, toughest and most durable materials. In fact, urethane parts are commonly viewed as a better value, because parts made with other materials often crack, break, tear, swell, deteriorate and abrade.
Key Advantages of Polyurethane Products and Parts
When looking to manufacture custom parts, key competitors of polyurethane are typically rubber and plastics. Polyurethane has many advantages over these materials including:
- Eliminates the risk of visible smudges due to its non-marking material makeup
- Available in a variety of custom colors for easy recognition and part segmentation
- Reduced need to replace parts because tougher physical properties which extends lifespan
- Absorbs shock and weight and returns to the original shape
- Can be molded to meet the exact specifications with consistent quality
Extensive Applications of Polyurethane Parts and Products
Due to its extreme versatility and durability, polyurethane products can be used across a variety of applications, providing the reliability and strength to outlast the competition. PSI Urethanes sells a variety of polyurethane parts/products including rollers, rods, rings, tubes, and sheeting. Here are a few of the most common applications for these parts and products: Polyurethane Rollers:
- Wear and cut resistant
- Can carry up to four times higher load than rubber
- Stands up to harsh environments
- Made of tough, crack-resistant and abrasion-resistant material
- Lasts significantly longer than conventional rubbers and plastics.
- Available in custom diameters, lengths, hardness and colors,
- Developed from tough, premium grade urethane
- Available in custom sizes, formulas, colors and durometers
- Tight tolerances and ground finishes
- Created with premium grade urethane
- Can be customized to meet unique specs like diameter, length, hardness and color
- Developed with tough tolerances
- Available in any color, durometer and custom sizes
- Can be created with extremely tight tolerances
- Polyurethane sheeting can be developed to meet your project’s specific requirements.
- Made from durable polyurethane
- Provide tight seals
- Designed to stop or prevent spills, including hazardous materials.
Additional applications for polyurethane parts and products include:
- Capper Rings
- Cutting Surfaces
- Flexible Couplings
- Metal Forming Pads
- Pinch Rollers
As you can see, urethane parts and products can be used across a variety of applications and are commonly recognized as a better value than parts made with other materials. With custom urethane parts, you can be confident in your operations knowing you have selected the highest quality material for the job and that you may never have to replace your parts again. PSI Urethanes sell custom molded urethane parts, ranging from low quantity prototypes to full production products. To learn more about custom urethane parts and products check out our custom urethane gallery.