Urethane rods have several important applications and benefits due to their elastomeric properties. They are more crack-resistant, abrasion-resistant, durable, and have long-lasting characteristics. Rods made out of polyurethane last significantly longer than those made from conventional plastics and rubbers.
Common applications include:
- Bumpers and Spacers
- Strengtheners for Thin Metal Cores
- Cost Effective Proto-types
- Suspension Mounts
- Sound Dampeners
A few items to consider when selecting a urethane rod manufacturer:
- Review their custom urethane rod production capabilities. Select a urethane rod provider who can create custom formulations to meet your unique needs using premium grade raw materials.
- Look at their urethane rod specifications. Can they handle unique environments and last longer than conventional plastics and rubbers? Are they durable enough to be long-lasting and crack-resistant?
- Confirm they offer in-house production. This eliminates the need to use a third-party company, which makes the process more cost-effective and faster.
With a long history of outstanding quality, superior product performance, and excellent customer service, PSI is a trusted provider of custom and standard urethane rods. PSI provides rods in custom diameters, lengths, hardness, and colors with little or no tooling costs. Additionally, PSI’s custom urethane rods outlast other materials, and save costs for customers by eliminating waste from drop-offs.
Custom urethane rods are available from PSI with the following specifications:
- Standard durometer (hardness): 60A, 70A, 80A, 90A
- Rod O.D. tolerances: (3/8″ to 2″) +0.063 / -0.010″; (2-1/4″ to 6″) +0.125 / -0.010″
- Standard color: Natural, and custom colors are available
- Custom sizes in diameter and length